GCSE Mathematics (9-1)
Course code: 1MA1
Delivery method: Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: Edexcel GCSE Mathematics (9-1)
Awarding body: Edexcel
This course is ideal preparation for A-Level Maths as well as developing core life skills which will be invaluable in the work place or at home.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by Edexcel), you will have achieved an internationally recognised Edexcel GCSE Mathematics (1MA1) qualification.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques.
- Build a foundation of mathematical skills.
- Enjoy mathematics and use the skills you have learned to solve problems.
- Appreciate how important mathematics is to the world at large.
This course is divided into 6 units:
At the end of the course you will sit three papers. The assessments will cover the following content headings:
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change
- Geometry and measures
The exam has three papers:
- Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher (content is defined for each tier).
- Each student is permitted to take assessments in either the Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- The qualification consists of three equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- All three papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series.
- Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and a calculator is allowed for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
- Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
- Each paper has 80 marks.
- The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across all three papers.
- Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier. (See the section Breakdown of Assessment Objectives for more information.)
- Each paper has a range of question types; some questions will be set in both mathematical and non-mathematical contexts.
- Two assessment series available per year: May/June and November.
- The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.
- Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.
- Higher tier: grades 4 to 9 (grade 3 allowed)
The course contains activities, multiple choice assessment, short answer and tutor marketed mock exams.
The course is primarily an online course using a Learning Management System (LMS).
The online course has many features that cannot be printed such as embedded videos, forums and interactive tests.
The course includes Tutor Marked Assessments which you access and submit through the online system.
Our Self-Learning Courses let you choose when you want to learn and how fast you want to go. Our Course is designed for the self-study method, and most students are fine without help.
However, we understand every student is not the same, you can choose to add one year of tutor support for only £55 per year .You will receive tutor feedback and support by email for 12 months.
One-on-one Tutors are available online across all subjects. All Tutors are fully qualified. When working one-on-one with a tutor, the child is the session’s focus. Individual students receive better and more personalised feedback. One-on-one tutoring can help you learn more than just the answer to a problem. Tutoring is flexible based on needs.
A personal tutor will take the time to understand the child’s strengths and weaknesses and work with them and their parents to establish common goals. The tutor will provide undivided attention to the student’s specific needs, adapting as necessary to achieve a common goal throughout the session.
One-on-one tutoring fees start from £30 per hour. Please get in touch with us if you need one-on-one tutor support.
How do I get my course?
If the course you have bought is delivered online you will receive your login details by 2pm the next working day.
What do I do next?
All the information you need to complete your course will be included in your study guide. Once you have your course you will be good to go!
Everyone at Oxford College Of Education wishes you the best of luck on your studying journey! We know it’s both rewarding and challenging and ultimately what a difference that qualification will make to your career path and life.
FREE Trail is available
We offer pass guaranteed or 100% Money Back.
We are 100% confident that you will like what you see in our LMS system.
So go ahead, log in to the portal and see if it works for you. https://cpd.oxfordce.co.uk/a-level-prospectus-duplicate-5558/
Benefits to Students: GCSE, IGCSE & A-LEVEL
Multi-Course offers & Retake Discount
50% Retake Discount
Jobseeker's Allowance Support- 10% off
NHS and Key Worker's Support - 10% off
Loyalty & Referral Benefits
Start Any Time & Study at Your Pace
Free-Fast-Track and Learn on Any Device 24/7
Unlimited 1:1 Tutor Support- t&c
Certificate from: CIE, Edexcel, AQA, OCR
We Can Guide You & Help to Book Your Exams
Pass-Guaranteed or 100% Money Back